Before putting in an offer, ask as many questions of the real estate agent as possible and get important answers in writing.
Here are our top questions to ask:
- How long has it been on the market?
- Can I see electrical and gas installation checks/reports?
- How long is the lease (if it has one)?
- Why are the vendors moving?
- What renovations have been done?
- Has the home been rewired?
- If it's a flat, how much are the service charges and gross rent?
- How long has the vendor lived there?
- What's included in the sale? Curtains? White goods?
- What are the council rates and charges?