To build your tailored financial plan, your adviser will want to understand your current situation and get a grasp on your goals for the future. This includes your:
- family situation
- income (and your partner’s income if applicable)
- assets, such as your home and their value
- liabilities such as your mortgage and other debts
- super and investments
- insurances - in your super, and separate life or income protection policies
- potential future income such as inheritances
- your budget and general living expenses
- financial aspirations.
It’s a good idea to have recent statements for your super, investments and other assets with you.
You’ll find some key questions to think about before your meeting in the lifestage solutions pages.
How to get started